Terms of Service
IMPORTANT! IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18, YOU MUST HAVE YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN READ THE AGREEMENT BELOW AND AGREE TO IT FOR YOU. IF YOU DON’T GET YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN TO READ AND AGREE TO THIS, YOU DON’T HAVE PERMISSION TO USE THIS SITE.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Schoolze, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Your Schoolze Account and Site. If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and its content, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the Website. You must not describe or assign content to your account in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and Schoolze may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Schoolze liability. You must immediately notify Schoolze of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. Schoolze will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Use by children. Below is some information about Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act (“COPPA”). COPPA requires that online service providers obtain parental consent, with limited exceptions, before they knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children who are under 13. We do not allow access to the site to child under 13 and hence do not collect any personally identifiable information from children who are under 13. To service the teachers and the parents in a collaborative fashion, we collect some minimum personally identifiable information about child from the parent themselves, information such as child’s name, date of birth, relation to the parent, profile picture, interests/hobbies and any food allergy. If we learn we have collected personal information from a student under 13 without parents administering the information entry, or if we learn a student under 13 has provided us personal information beyond what we request from him or her, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a student under 13 may have provided us personal information in violation of this paragraph, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Use by Students, Teachers, Parents and Parent Groups, Associations (PTA/PTO)
1. At present, site doesn't allow a student to log in but there is an upcoming feature where parents can invite a student to create a login once student is more than 13 years of age. If you are a student and using Schoolze site, the following terms also apply to you:
- If you are under 18, you must get your parent or guardian to read this Agreement before using the Services.
- You will only register as a student, and not as a teacher, school, or parent.
- You will only join classes that you have been invited to by the teacher or the parent.
2. If you are using the site on behalf of a school, council, parent group or a PTA/PTO (collectively called Entity), you are bound by following additional terms:
- The Entity will grant invitations to teachers and/or staff members upon their own discretion. Upon termination of a teacher or other staff member’s employment with the Entity, it is the Entity's responsibility to terminate system access of these users. If at any time you learn a user of the Services claims to be affiliated with your school or district who is not, in fact, affiliated with your school or district, the school will notify Schoolze immediately.
- Schoolze allows Teachers and school representative create the profile for Schools and classes. As a school representative, you are required to provide correct information about your school (including but not limited to information such as school name, location etc.). If we discover that any school or class information provided was not accurate, we reserve right to update the information or disable/remove the information record completely with or without notice.
3. If you are accessing schoolze.com website or it's mobile services as a teacher, the following terms also apply to you:
- The Services may allow you to invite students and parents to join your class via email and text message. If you use these features send invitations, you represent and warrant to us that you have obtained consent from each person that you are inviting. You also confirm that you have a parental consent on using a private collaborative website where children class pictures, newsletters, events and other shared resources are used as they are generally in a community setting subjected to DMCA guidelines.
- On Schoolze website, teachers have access to create School and classes and invite parents. As a Teacher, you are required to provide correct information about your school (including but not limited to information such as school name, location etc.). If we discover that any school or class information provided was not accurate, we reserve right to update the information or disable/remove the information record completely with or without notice.
4. If you are accessing schoolze.com website or it's mobile services as a parent, the following terms also apply to you:
- You agree to use Schoolze as a private collaborative website where other parent can and will post shared content from the class, which includes (but is not limited to) pictures, videos, articles, newsletters, events and alike. Posting of these content are subjected to DMCA guidelines posted in later part of this agreement.
- You agree and allow other parents and teachers who are registered members of the class, post content which includes (but is not limited to) pictures, videos, articles, newsletters, events and alike from various classroom and outdoor events involving one or more class students including your child. These postings are subjected to DMCA guidelines as mentioned above.
- You also consent that by signing up for the service, you will receive some mandatory communication on your email from the class staff and schoolze administrators.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate an account, comment on a screenshot, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, Content), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text or graphics. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine - or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not obscene, libelous or defamatory, hateful or racially or ethnically objectionable, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your account is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your account is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your account’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Schoolze or otherwise.
Schoolze is a content driven website where users (parents and teachers in this case) posts content. Designated teacher of the classroom acts as a content moderator and can choose to add one of more parents or teachers to act as a moderator on his or her behalf. Moderator of the classroom site reserves the right to modify, add or delete content posted by the community upon his or her discretion.
Schoolze reserves the right to remove any screenshot (or content created on Schoolze, e.g. comments, messages, avatars, etc.) for any reason whatsoever.
Schoolze reserves the right to ban any member or website from using the service for any reason.
By registering on schoolze.com you give Schoolze permission to use your registration information to enhance user experience on schoolze.com or affiliated sites.
All content, posts or articles uploaded are copyright © their respective owners.
If you delete Content, Schoolze will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Schoolze has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Schoolze’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Schoolze’s reasonable opinion, violates any Schoolze policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Schoolze’s sole discretion. Schoolze will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Responsibility of Website Users. Schoolze is a private and secured collaboration platform for Teachers and parents and is generally governed by some moderator who has higher level access to control quality of the content but as it is true for any community, Schoolze has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that materials content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Schoolze does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Schoolze disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. Schoolze has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Schoolze does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Schoolze disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Schoolze links, and that link to Schoolze. Schoolze does not have any control over those non-Schoolze websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Schoolze website or webpage, Schoolze does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Schoolze disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Schoolze websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement. Schoolze has adopted the following policy toward copyright infringement on the Service in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (a copy of which is located at http://www.loc.gov/copyright/legislation/dmca.pdf, the "DMCA").
The address of Schoolze's Designated Agent for copyright takedown notices ("Designated Agent") is:
1075 Lighthouse Ave, Unit 126, Pacific Grove, California, 93950
Attn: Designated Agent
If you believe that Content residing or accessible on or through the Service infringes a copyright, you may send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent at the address above:
- Identification of the work or material being infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, including its location, with sufficient detail so that Schoolze is capable of finding it and verifying its existence.
- Contact information for the notifying party (the "Notifying Party"), including name, address, telephone number and email address.
- A statement that the Notifying Party has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or law.
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided in the notice is accurate and that the Notifying Party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed.
Please note that under applicable law any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability for damages.
In an effort to be transparent in removing or restricting access to user-uploaded content, Schoolze may make public any DMCA notice received (with personal contact information removed). This may include posting the notice to a public-facing website, among other methods.
After removing access to the material pursuant to a valid DMCA notice, Schoolze will immediately notify the user responsible for the allegedly infringing material that it has removed or disabled access to the material.
Schoolze reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to immediately terminate the account of any member who is the subject of repeated DMCA notifications.
Submitting a DMCA Counter-Notification:
If you believe you are the wrongful subject of a DMCA notification, you may file a counter-notification with Schoolze by providing the following information to the Designated Agent at the address above:
- The specific URLs of material that Schoolze has removed or to which Schoolze has disabled access.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or the federal district courts located in Monterey County, California if your address is outside of the United States), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the original DMCA notification or an agent of such person.
- The following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled."
- Your signature.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Schoolze to you any Schoolze or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Schoolze, Inc. Schoolze, the Schoolze logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Schoolze, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Schoolze or Schoolze's licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Schoolze or third-party trademarks.
- Changes. Schoolze reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Schoolze may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by Schoolze:
Our goal is to deliver advertising and other commercial or sponsored content that is valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
- You give us permission to use your name, profile picture, content, and information in connection with commercial, sponsored, or related content (such as a brand you like) served or enhanced by us. This means, for example, that you permit a business or other entity to pay us to display your name and/or profile picture with your content or information, without any compensation to you. If you have selected a specific audience for your content or information, we will respect your choice when we use it.
- We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
- You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
- Termination. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Schoolze account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. Schoolze may disable or terminate your access to the Services and/or your account at any time, for any reason (with or without cause, with or without notice or for your violation of any term of this Agreement), which may result in the forfeiture of all information associated with your membership. Upon termination of your account, your right to use the Services, and any Content will immediately cease; however, Schoolze may retain certain transactional data or other data and information related to this Agreement and as necessary for auditing purposes and/or as required by law. All provisions of this Agreement which, by their nature, should survive termination, will survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Schoolze and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Schoolze nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will Schoolze, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; (iii) for Interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Schoolze under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Schoolze shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Schoolze, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to out of your violation this Agreement.
This Terms of Service was crafted from Wordpress.com's version, which is available under a Creative Commons Sharealike license.